Hull's Memorial Baptist Church had its beginning as a community Sunday School. Mr. Paul Hull and his wife, Sallie, built a brush arbor to use as a meeting place, and on November 11, 1888, a Baptist Church was organized with 14 members from Ramoth Baptist Church.
When the need arose for a new building in 1896, the first pastor, Rev. A.T. Lynn, donated the necessary land. John Wiggington, with the help of church members, built the church for $300. In 1897 the new church building was dedicated and became known as Hull's Memorial Baptist Church, having grown to 66 members.
The first Women's Missionary Union (WMU) in the church was organized in 1918. Later, in 1943, a Training Union was begun, with the Brotherhood being formed in 1949.
Beginning in 1950, the church launched out on its first full-time program with Sunday School, Training Union, and a morning and evening Worship service each Sunday.
On May 8, 1958 the church voted to erect a new church builidng on three acres of land prchased earlier. The first service in the new building was held on March 1, 1959. Membership had grown to 311, with a Sunday School enrollment of 286. Nine additional acres of land were purchased in September of 1970.
Due to the need for more space for various things, including a multi-purpose fellowship hall, an addition to the building was begun in July 1985. A dedication service and cornerstone unveiling were held March 9, 1986.
Since its beginning in 1888, Hull's has been served by 16 pastors and 11 interim pastors. The present pastor, Dr. Johnny R. Almond, ministers to a membership of 414.