From the Pastor’s Heart
At a meeting of the Emergency Response Team, Chairman of Deacon Council, and Chairman of Church Council, we decided to regather for worship Sunday, June 7th, at 10:45 a.m.
Our regathering will follow the directives for “Phase 1.”
- Social distancing at all times – staying 6 feet or more apart. Pews in the sanctuary and balcony will be marked to indicate where you may sit. Family members may be seated together.
- Face coverings over nose and mouth are required at all times.
- No items will be passed. The offering plate will be placed at the exit. The order of worship will be projected on the screen. All Bibles, hymnals, visitors’ cards, and pew cushions have been removed to prevent spreading germs.
- There will be no choir or congregational singing, since that is linked to increased risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- Lyrics of one or two hymns will be projected on the screen as musicians play, to encourage worshipful meditation.
- Our music director will arrange for prelude, musical meditation, and special music.
- Each person will have his or her temperature checked before entering. No one with fever, symptoms of COVID-19, or exposure to a COVID-19 case in the last 14 days will be permitted to enter.
- The breezeway door will be used to enter; the front sanctuary doors will be used to exit.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the breezeway and rest rooms.
- Monitors will promote usage of hand sanitizer and proper health protocols (covering cough/sneeze, refraining from handshakes or hugs, social distancing). They will also direct worshipers to exit the sanctuary one pew at a time.
- There will be no coffee or food.
- The worship service will be recorded and posted on the church website, for those who are not comfortable gathering in person.
- People will be asked to sign in – giving name, address, and phone number – to facilitate contact-tracing should that we necessary.
- Before each worship service, we will ensure that the sanctuary, breezeway, rest rooms, and fellowship hall are cleaned and disinfected.
Thursday, June 4th, 2 p.m. Please join us to clean and disinfect the sanctuary, rest rooms. breezeway, and fellowship hall.
Wear a mask and disposable gloves. We’ll furnish cleaning and disinfecting supplies. See you here!
These procedures should help keep us all safer, as we regather for worship. Courtesy and concern should motivate us to follow the rules.
We will resume meeting for prayer and Bible study Wednesday, June 10th, at 6:15 p.m.
I’m looking forward to being together with you, as we had grown accustomed to doing. Though we do not know when things will “return to normal”, let’s keep praying for patience and grace until that happens.
Pastor Johnny R. Almond
Hull’s Memorial Baptist Church
Friends on a Journey of Faith